- Kirk was born and raised in New Smyrna Beach, FL and a lifelong resident of Southeast Volusia (5 Generations).
- Father of two wonderful children and of one granddaughter.
- Worked for the City of New Smyrna Beach for 43 years – 35 of which were with the New Smyrna Beach Fire Department.
- Former President of NSB Firefighters Association.
- Cancer survivor.
- Honored to carry the torch for the Relay of Life in 2004.
- Coached Little League Baseball for fourteen years.
- Served on Parks and Recreation Board for the City of Edgewater for 7 years.
- Served 2 consecutive terms as a member of City Council in Edgewater for a total of 4 years (1990).
- Served as Vice Mayor for 2 years in the city of Edgewater.
- Currently serving as commissioner of Zone 4 in New Smyrna Beach.
- Establishment of the new Community Redevelopment Area for U.S. 1 in the Historical West Side.
- The Colony Park Road connection with Pioneer Trail to gain direct access to State Road 44.
- Expansion of the Alonzo ‘Babe’ James Community Center.
- The new Swoope boat launch on North U.S. 1.
- New Smyrna Beach was the first city in the area to provide a donation of a building and property to the Boys & Girls Club.
- Instrumental in the vision for the new Brannon Center.
- Recommend and support body cameras for all police officers.
- Supported upgrades in replacement of park and playground equipment as well as bleachers in Sports Complex.
I believe that, through a common sense approach to City Government, we can achieve:
- Control of budget and spending and maintaining our low tax rate.
- Continue to work with county and state officials to manage our traffic and transportation issues.
- Support our community through Recreational programs and The Arts.
- Building a community consensus on new development projects for our future growth.
- Work with Federal, State and local authorities to protect our waterways and lagoon.
- Ensuring our future Cultural Center meets the needs of our senior citizens.
Serving and protecting our greatest resources, our citizens, and our quality of life.
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change…” – Dr. Wayne Dyer