- University of Miami, School of Law – Miami, Florida. Attended 1989 – 1992 – Juris Doctorate.
- University of Miami, School of Business – Miami, Florida. Attended 1987-1989 – Degree Obtained, Bachelor Of Art, Business Administration,
- Miami Dade Community College- Miami, Florida. Attended 1984-1987 – Associates of Arts In Business Administration.
- County Court Judge 7th Judicial Circuit-Volusia County, FL – elected- serving from 2005-present
- Central Florida Legal Services, Daytona Beach, Florida. 1992 – 1998 And 1999 – Present – Staff Attorney – General Poverty Law Practice. Coordinated The Volunteer Lawyers Project Primary Areas of Law, Housing Including Federal Housing Laws And Consumer Advocacy.
- Essien and Associates, P.A., Daytona Beach, Florida. 1998-1999 Jr. Partner – Primary areas of practice included: Discrimination, Family Law, Real Property and Bankruptcy. Limited Criminal Law Involvement.
- Law Offices of C.Y. Howard, Miami, Florida. 1991-1992, General Practice
- 3rd District Court of Appeals, Miami, Florida. Summer Intern – Read Briefs, Write Summary of Briefs, Legal Research, Attend Oral Argument Sessions.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS (Current & Former)
- Lighthouse Worship Center – NSB – Present Member
- KC Teen Society-Board member – NSB-
- Volusia County Affordable Housing Taskforce – Special Committee – Member
- Westside Youth Music Company – Board Member
- African American Chamber of Commerce – Secretary; Board Member
- NAACP- Daytona & New Smyrna Beach branches
- Central Florida Community Development – Board Chairperson; Board Member
- Volusia County School Board School Improvement Team, Read Patillo Elementary and New Smyrna Beach Middle School.
- Upward Girls/ Sisters Improving Sisters – Board Member
- Deaf and Hard Of Hearing Services – Board Member
- Volusia Flagler Coalition for The Homeless – Member
- Workforce Development Board – Taskforce Member
- New Smyrna Beach Community Enrichment Association – Member
- The Florida Bar – Member- 1993-Present
- Central Florida Minority Bar Association – President; Secretary
- Volusia County Bar Association – Board Member; Secretary
- Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers – Secretary; Board Member; Vice-President, Treasurer; President
- National Bar Association- Florida Chapter
- Black Law Student Association, University of Miami – Member – Chair Community Relations Committee
- Florida Legal Services Consumer Workgroup – Member
- Florida Legal Services Housing Work Group – Member
- Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association- Member
- Woman of the Year – VFAWL
- Women in Leadership- Daytona Beach Community College
- “And Justice for All Award” Kolondisky, Seltz & Tresher, Attorneys at Law
- Emmanuel People of Distinction Award
- Certificate of Appreciation – Bethune Cookman College for participation in Woman Day activities
- Certificate of Appreciation – Central Community Development clean up our neighborhood project
- Certificate of Appreciation – Upward Girls for participation in graduation ceremonies
- Certificate of Appreciation – Volusia Flagler Association for Women Lawyers for service as Vice President
- Burger King- full tuition scholarship to the University of Miami
- 3.0 GPA Scholarship at the University of Miami – School of Business
- Full Tuition John F. Kennedy/ Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship – University of Miami
- Woman of The Year Award – BLSA – University of Miami School of Law
- Full Tuition Minority Law Studies Scholarship- University of Miami School of Law
- Martin Luther King Jr. Civil Rights Award – Daytona Beach NAACP
- Service Award for Volunteer Lawyers Project – Central Florida Legal Services
- Semi-Finalist Judicial Nominating Committee – 2000