I hope to have the privilege of representing the residents of DeBary. I will use my common sense solutions and finance skills to create a better quality of life, economy and jobs in DeBary. I will make it my priority to focus on your ideas and concerns.
- I will support and defend the lowest municipal tax rate in Volusia County.
- I will preserve and defend the small town ambiance of DeBary and aggressively seek business opportunities and grants for small business.
Here is what I plan on doing within thirty days of being elected:
- Recommend fifteen additional community leisure family activities and festivals.
- Recommend a first class “Town Center” with specificity and funding requirements with a few restaurants around the train station; pursuant to a public referendum.
- Recommend a citizens Professional Budget Advisory Board to help make government more efficient.
- Recommend major improvement in City and State parks in DeBary with specificity, with around twenty additional improvements.
- Review Police and Fire contracts with Volusia County and Orange City respectively.
- Recommend emergency public safety drills for fire, police and residents.
Background: quick overview:
- Nation’s largest accounting firm, Coopers & Lybrand.
- VP Financial officer of major public traded company.
- Appointed four years as Officer and Budget Advisor to Miami Beach.
- Published, lectured and blogged for the Orlando Sentinel, published in the Miami Herald and AM Best Magazine. Published a book called “Rebirth of America for the American Worker’.
- Licensed pilot land and sea,
- Captained a 40′ LOA documented vessel in the Keys and Bahamas.
- A number of business accommodation awards from the City of Miami Beach; from the IASA as President of the South Florida Chapter of the largest international organization of Insurers and service companies; from the Latin American Producers of Miami; from Post 8093 VFW Men’s Auxiliary, et al.
- US representative to the Sphere and the Drake Insurance Companies of London and Dai-Tokyo Fire and Marine Insurance Company Ltd. of Japan.