11 Very Good Reasons!
- Your vote will be counted first!
- You won’t be contributing to a long line that might turn others away.
- You don’t have to wait in a line—of any kind.
- VBM reduces the number of people who fully intend but never get to the polls due to a bad day at work, illness, or some other unexpected reason.
- Vote in the comfort of your home in your underwear!
- VBM allows you to take the necessary time to research and discuss the issues with someone you trust. There are also proposed constitutional amendments on the ballot about which people aren’t generally prepared to formulate an opinion. See the attachment below from the Democratic Women’s Club of Florida.
- VBM helps to COMBAT VOTER SUPPRESSION efforts. REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR ENROLLMENT AND RE-ENROLL IF NEEDED!
- VBM can be especially useful for elderly family members or voter with disabilities – you can request ballots for those family members who are less able.
- Once your ballot has been returned to the Supervisor of Elections, your name and phone number typically disappear from candidates’ call and walk lists—which also benefits the Democratic Campaign as they’ll have fewer people to follow up with.
- Enrollment doesn’t mean you have to forfeit going to the polls if you change your mind. Simply bring your absentee ballot to any Early Voting locations, or on Election Day at your precinct where they will officially void it allowing you to vote there. This is often misunderstood, but AS LONG AS YOU HAVE YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT TO TURN IN, you should have no problem voting! If you lost or misplace the ballot, you may be asked to sign an affidavit stating so.
- You can even TRACK YOUR VOTE! To verify that your local Supervisor of Elections received the ballot, see Check your Voter Status or the Volusia County Voter Lookup
IMPORTANT – You must SIGN THE ENVELOPE or your vote will not be counted!